Friday, September 30, 2011

How free and open am I?

Earlier today, I was reading an article about Get Jar, a large app store for Android, Symbian, and a lot of function phones. I saw that Get Jar was offering paid apps for free for Android devices. Take this app that allows you to turn your android phone into a wireless security camera system. SECuRET LiveStream seems like a completely legitimate application with over a thousand downloads behind it. However, I could not bring myself to download it.

It makes me question why I even bother having an android phone if I am going to live within the confines of the Google App market.  Well that was just a little rant. Thank you for reading. Please tell me if you feel the same way or if you think I am mistaken. I'd love to read your comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind.