Friday, August 12, 2011

Facebook Checkpoint: Achievement Unlocked (7 day edition)


Here is the first page when I logged in: 


Friend Requests Blocked for 7 Days

To prevent you from contacting people against their wishes, your friend requests and your ability to send messages to strangers have been blocked for 7 days.

Friend requests are more likely to be accepted when you send them to people you already know, such as classmates, friends, family and coworkers.

If you use Facebook to communicate with strangers, they have the option to report that they don't know you or to mark the communication as spam. If this happens repeatedly, you could be viewed as violating Facebook's Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
Second page:


Cancel Pending Requests?

If more of your friend requests are later marked as spam or reported for being sent to strangers, this block could be extended. To prevent this, you can cancel your pending friend requests.

Also cancel unanswered requests?




Of course, I still uncheck remove my unanswered friend requests check box (it is all in the name of research)

Third page talks about the next steps:


Next Steps

After this 7-day block has been lifted, please only send friend requests to people you believe will accept your requests.


Of course, I understand so I check the box. (Moreover, there is no way to move ahead without it)


And you have access to facebook again.

3 comments:

  1. Understanding Friend Requests on Facebook
    help me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andreea, how can I help you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 days ago when I open my Facebook account, then two boxes appear First name and Last name, I fill the boxes since then from last couple of days following message is on:

    "Form Submitted
    Thanks - your request has been submitted!

    Note that writing in and submitting your ID multiple times will not result in a faster response. Once you submit your initial request, it is placed in a queue and responded to accordingly.

    We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

    Can Anybody help me ? :(

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind.